|Map of the villa and surroundings|
Pedavena, province of Belluno, 350 m/1150 feet above sea level; train station at Feltre 4 km/ 2.5 miles to the south.
This villa was built in the late seventeenth century by the Pasole family from Feltre in the vicinity of a medieval castle that was destroyed in 1350. The name of the architect is unknown. The entrance is off Via Trento, little more than a hundred meters north of the main piazza of Pedavena.
The main section of the villa is raised up a floor in respect to the garden, with the ground floor dedicated to building services. In addition to the ground floor there are two primary floors plus a clerestory jutting through the attic.
Noteworthy also is the Italian garden which juxtaposes geometrically arranged flowerbeds with meandering paths.
The villa is not open to the public; a visit may be possible but only by previous appointment and at the discretion of the owners.
Latest visit: 2005-05-29