|Map of the villa and surroundings|
Valsanzibio, municipality Galzignano Terme, province of Padua, altitude 50 m/165 feet above sea level; train station at Monselice 7 km/4.5 miles to the south.
Nowadays one can reach the villa on bike, for example by way of the bike route along the Battaglia Canal.
Villa Barbarigo, also known as Bagno di Diana [Diana’s Bath], was completed in 1669 for Antonio Barbarigo, procurator of San Marco, by an unknown architect; it owes its fame mainly to the Park, which is the best preserved of the Venetian gardens of the seventeenth and eighteenth century.
At one time it was accessible by boat by way of a canal that subsequently has been filled in, and of which remains only the small pond in front of the aquatic entrance.
To visit the park: from March through October, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to sunset. Adult admission 8 € (2004).
Latest visit: 2014-10-12