|Map of the villa and surroundings|
Badoere, district of Morgano, Treviso, 20 m/66 feet above sea level; train station at Piombino Dese about 5 km/3 miles to the southwest; near the Treviso-Ostiglia bike route. The two remaining barchesse [farm support buildings that include stables, barns and living quarters] define the central piazza of the village.
The Venetian nobleman Angelo Badoer, a member of one of the twelve apostolic families of Venice(*), commissioned architect Giorgio Massari, in the mid-eighteenth century, to design a large villa with comparably large barchesse. The primary villa structure, which was positioned asymmetrically in relation to the barchesse, was destroyed by fire in 1920.
What remained were only the barchesse: the western one, virtually intact, in the form of a semicircular arched portico surmounted by an upper floor, and the eastern one, simpler in design and straight, instead of curved.
Latest visit: 2013-06-30