|Map of the villa and surroundings|
Noventa Vicentina, altitude 30 m/100 feet above sea level; train station at Montagnana about 8 km/5 miles to the south. The villa is located at the main piazza of the village, facing the north side of the enormous Piazza IV Novembre and today is used as the town hall of Noventa Vicentina.
It was built sometime before 1590 for the Venetian nobleman Andrea Barbarigo; the name of the architect is unknown; although the names of Palladio and Scamozzi have been conjectured, it seems more likely to have been another Venetian architect. The villa changed hands first to the Loredan family and then to the Rezzonico family before being acquired by the town at the end of the 19th century.
The structure consists of a massive volume with a double porch and huge pinnacles on the roof.
The villa can be reached from the Vicenza-Noventa bike route of which the villa is its spectacular conclusion.
Latest visit: 2013-11-17